With the holidays comes hustle and bustle and just plain too busy I guess to get on to the blog to do an update let alone even download the pics off our camera since Turkey day weekend. Whoa...that's bad. With that said I don't even know where to begin. I suppose with cutting down the Meyer family Christmas tree. For the past several years Corbett and I have made the day after Thanksgiving, the day we spend going out in search of the most perfect tree for our home and to decorate the house. That's exactly what the plan was this year, except for 2008 we spent the ENTIRE day in search of the perfect tree. Our favorite place to go to is typically Petersen Tree Farm in Ramsey, but this year was a disappointment. We knew this day would come that there would be very little to choose from with frasier firs, so we took a look at the balsam firs....nope. We were getting desperate, how could they not have any firs that would fit our needs, 10'-12' tall and skinny? We went so far as to look at the traditional Christmas trees, the scotch pine (not that there's anything wrong with the SP, but we're a fan of the firs)....nope! I noticed this year on the friendly reminder postcard from the Petersen Tree Farm to come and cut one of their trees down that they have a 2nd location in Clear Lake. With that said, we headed home for some lunch and then headed up towards St. Cloud to see what this tree farm had to offer. The Meyer family was beyond pleased...they had 200 acres of Christmas trees and in no time the girls picked out the perfect tree. What started out as a frustrating day ended with a very satisfied day...we'll be back. We LOVE Petersen trees, and LOVE the idea of cutting your own tree down.
Let's go find a tree

We're still looking

On to the 2nd farm...I think this is the one, dad

And so it is

Yeah

Down she goes

They even had a hayride to take the tree back to the main house for shaking and bailing

What a fun ride it was for the big girls, mom and IzzyB drove the vehicle back to meet them

There's our tree

What a fun day it was
2 comments:
MORE updates please! Give the girls hugs and kisses from Auntie Eno!
Yes, more updates please! I'm ready for some more at home reading material, Mere! :)
Post a Comment