Off to Mazatlan...Corbett is not going to like that I posted this picture, but it's the only one I took of him on the plane.
We're here! Anyone who has been to Mexico knows what a joke it is after you go through customs you have the red light, green light deal. We fortunately made it through with a green light, but Shannan and Ryan (on the right side of the picture) got the red. I guess it wasn't too bad when they went through their bags.
The John Deere hat came along on the trip...just kidding honey! Hanging out at the hotel bar, it became a popular spot for us in the evenings
Me, Shannan and Amy enjoying ourselves at Bora, Bora
Our traveling friends...can't wait to vacation together again!
Mark and Amy
Shannan and Ryan
Hangin out by the pool


Dinner at the Italian restaurant in our hotel, El Cid
FISHING
We booked our fishing trip through El Cid Marina
Corbett can't wait to go, he's the 1st one on the boat
Shannan and Ryan went along for the adventure, Ryan works for Rapala so we had the opportunity to bring down A LOT of lures and shirts to give to our captain and deckhand, they loved gifts...thank you to Ryan and Rapala! We'll see if our ideas worked, gifts=fish
Corbett is waiting ever so patiently for fish
This was the first line down, notice how calm the ocean was!
Fish on! Corbett took on the 1st fish, what could it be?
A 30# Mahi Mahi, aka Dorado, aka Dolphin fish, the pictures don't do it any justice, it's a beautiful yet prehistoric looking fish
Fish #2 on, Ryan (Senor Rohrbach) took this one
It's another Mahi Mahi
Here comes another one, fish #3, Shannan brings it in
Yes, it's another Mahi Mahi, I had to post this picture because look how beautiful the coloring is
Wait, another line down buzzes, it's my turn to take on the challenge...you have to realize, I was convinced that a fish would pull me into the water...I thought by wearing my lovely pink fishing shirt everyone would see me if this should happen
It did not! I landed fish #4...another Mahi Mahi! It was incredible
I think the guys were on top of the world by this time, we did catch a total of 5 fish, can you guess what #5 was? Maybe you should check out Corbett's blog to see...
OK it was another Mahi Mahi! I didn't get a picture of it, it happened so fast and once we landed the fish, the captain said all lines up and before you knew it we were headed back to Mazatlan
A tradition with deep sea fishing is to come back with your flags raised basically stating what you caught, it was fun to watch each flag go on and how proud our deckhand Chris was to raise them. Other boats...not so much, after we got in we realized many came back with no flags or less than ours...we did well! Here are our 1st 3 being raised
And another two on the opposite side of the boat...
Our catch, I was amazed at how many people wait and watch the boats come back from a days fishing, I believe we were one of the first ones back. It was funny to watch others get pictures taken with OUR FISH.
We had one of the fished cleaned and were able to bring it back with us to our hotel. They were happy to prepare it for us, and man was it the best fresh fish meal I had ever had! What a day! It is something I will never forget!
What a meal, we were unable to eat it all...hopefully the hotel staff was able to partake in the catch, Corbett insisted that it not go to waste :)
Our last night in Mazatlan

We will be back, until next time!
Headed home...I hope the girls are still up!

4 comments:
It looks like you all had a wonderful time! Good for you guys to get away and relax! Jealous of the tan!
How fun! You guys need some relaxation time. I'm jealous!
It looks like so much fun! Glad you guys got a vacation somewhere warm.
Missing you...c
Post a Comment