We joined the Fuchs family; my parents, Erin and Nat, and Libby and Adam, for the annual trip down to Spirit Lake last week. We had fantastic weather...little hot, but one shouldn't complain when you spent your entire day out in a boat or in the water. It was hot though and quite calm on Big Spirit this year. I was a little hesitant about all 5 of us sleeping in the same room, but it all worked out and very well actually, all 3 of them crashed at bedtime with no, "i gotta aks you something (and it really is aks), or i gotta go potty"...it seems there is always a way to keep mom in the bedroom at bedtime, but not this trip. We literally spent every moment outside. It was so much fun having everyone together. We had great meals, good times (at Buck's, not Barefoot Bar so much this year) and many fun memories made not only for Corbett and I, but the girls as well.
We spent alot of time in the water and playing in the sand

Then the girls and dad found the rope swing

They LOVED it


Isabelle loves to play in the water, we set up her pool right on the beach

"I can't see..."


What a cutie

The captain and his mate

Nat assisting Madeline in the water fight

Time for some tubing


When you go to Arnold's Park, you HAVE to go to the Nutty Bar stand...it was our first stop

Mmmmm this is good...


Checking out the roller coaster while waiting for the train

And they're off


Hi guys!

The Meyer family

I love this monkey

I don't want to go home...

Only if we can go tubing, I'll go...

It's been a long day, IzzyB passed out while eating her bottle

Fancy

Where'd you get the shades?

Strike a pose

The Fuchs family...it was a great trip, can't wait til next year!
3 comments:
Looks like a ton of fun! The girls are getting so big. I still need to meet Izzy B! When can we come out for a 40?
I remember those monkeys from last years trip! Oh Arnold's Park, sure does bring back some memories from your cabin!
It wasn't so much as a "water fight" that Nat was helping Maddie with, as it was squirting me while napping in the front of the boat.
Post a Comment