Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Madeline and Morgan's Birthday Party

This past Sunday we had another joint birthday party, which I said I would never do again....well we did. I found a company in the Cities that will bring a petting zoo and a pony to ride on, right to your house. How on earth could I top this for Morgan's party, so we opted to have another year of a shared party. Morgan turns 3 in October. What a party it was, minus the weather...it rained almost the entire time, from drizzle when the animals arrived to pouring by the time we sat down to eat. Nonetheless, we had fun! All of the kids, 17 of them to be exact, and I mean ALL enjoyed themselves. It was so refreshing to see their faces light up when they came into contact or just watched the animals. It was also daddy's birthday that day, but the girls reminded us often "it's daddy's birthday, but it's OUR party". Are we in trouble or what? I've never denied that we do have princesses living in our house.


The girls waiting patiently for the animals to arrive




They're here!



Dolly, the pony



Can't remember the llama's name, but we called her llama, llama red pajama after the book that the girls love to read



Reba, the pygmy goat



The sheep



Wee wee, the pig



Penny, the hen and some ducks



Morgan preferred the bunnies, they were so soft



Madeline on her 1st pony ride, unfortunately we couldn't get Morgan to take a ride on Dolly.








Morgan checking out the ducks












I don't know if I want to touch those ducks....



Cousins, Morgan, Sam, Noah and Madeline













Although Isabelle wasn't feeling well, she seemed to enjoy the birthday party



Opening gifts














Happy Birthday, Madeline and Morgan!







What a way to end the party, in a princess dress....



and lots of balloons....



Hope you had a memorable birthday party, I know it's something that your dad and I will never forget. We love you both so very much! Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Swarty Family said...

Seriously... a traveling petting zoo!?!? what are you going to do next year? Bring in a circus? Can I come? Happy Birthday to all the Meyers!