Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thank you God....

Yesterday was a day that I hope to eventually forget. It's something I've thought about keeping to myself, but at the same time would like to shout from on top of the world...Morgan is OK! Morgan Caroline had to be brought by ambulance on Tuesday night to North Memorial hospital. She ingested some medication that she shouldn't have and thankfully DID NOT eat the entire pill. When Corbett and I received a phone call that the police and ambulance were on their way to our house I didn't know what to do, thank god we were only 15 minutes from our house. I remember I just couldn't stop shaking and repeated outloud, "this isn't happening, this isn't happening". It DID happen, it was the scariest moment of my life as a parent. I didn't know what to expect when we returned home, the ambulance was ready to leave. I was able to ride along with Miss Morgan while Corbett followed. After spending some time in the hospital montioring her heart rate, blood pressure and breathing which eventually came back around to a comfortable level for the hospital staff and we finally were able to return home...quite shaken up, but we're ok...most importantly Morgan is OK. God is good! Thank you for watching over our little girl...

7 comments:

cassieagar said...

So glad, Mere...you guys had me worried all night. Love you all.

Swarty Family said...

How scary. is everyone ok now? I am sorry you guys had the scare.

Anonymous said...

Wholly freehollies BATMAN!!! WHOA What happened??? HOW??? Oh my... I cant imagine. I am so happy Morgan is OK!! That is a parent's nightmare. But she is ok. Thank goodness:) - Renee

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Morgan is ok but still live in fear of what could have happened. In hopes that some good can come from this trama, I am telling EVERYONE that they need to have emergency information posted in their house for all babysitters even family members, including phone numbers and adresses. Even if your know them it is much easier to read them from a paper than to remember them or find them in a cell phone when you are on that phone. And if you do not have long distance service on your phone have the local poison control number posted.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am so glad to hear that she is alright!

Eryn said...

God is good! It is scary, we had a similar experience and it changes everything! I am so glad Miss Morgan is all better.

The Morelli Mafia said...

Man Meredith... I am so glad to hear that she is ok! How scary!