Sunday, June 8, 2008

Whoa...it's been a long time, what have the Meyer's been doing

I'm sorry I've been lacking in the post department recently. Time has gotten away from us. So what have we been up to for the past month? Let's see...Corbett and I traveled to the Boundary Waters, Madeline finished her 1st year of preschool, we're still working on the girls' new room (don't ask, it has taken FOREVER), Corbett's been chopping away on a new project outside, we've had friends and family come over to visit...I guess by the end of the days here recently I've just been too beat to update. I'm sorry, I hope this trend doesn't continue through the summer. I will try to keep up.

On Memorial weekend we had the pleasure of taking some days off for a fantastic trip to the Bdub! It was awesome. We entered on Friday the 23rd of May, and traveled to our favorite spot known as...the "cabin" on Lake Agnes. For those that don't know, we named Isabelle Agnes after our favorite lake in the BWCA. It's a place that Corbett took me to 10 years ago! Believe it or not, Corbett realized at a campsite on Lake Agnes in the Boundary Waters that he wanted to marry me??!! And here we are today, still venturing up to the place that means so much to Corbett and I. Lake Agnes hold many memories for us. Corbett shot his record moose just off the shoreline of Lake Agnes (ok maybe not JUST off the shores...I figured if I didn't correct myself, Corbett, Lance, Coder, Erich, Ben or Curt would). It's also a place where we've brought family, and many, many friends. We're so glad that so many people have fallen in love with the boundary waters and enjoy going as much as we do. Despite the freezing water temps, the weather was beautiful, the food was outstanding and the company....awesome. We did however miss some of the regulars that have traveled with us the past few years, and Lance we've come to the conclusion that you've been holding us up all along! Just kidding we missed you guys! Can't wait for our trip over Labor day!


Entry point 16 off the Echo trail, Moose River North



After approximately 4 hours of paddling and portaging, we arrive at the cabin on the North end of Lake Agnes



How nice it is to have a fire! We were unable to have campfires last year in the BWCA



The Penobers



The fishing spot for Saturday, at the end of a rapids in between Lake Agnes and Lac La Croix



Our lunch



View of our campsite



Look Ben, it's a thermal! We didn't have any takers this year to swim out to it :)



The crew, Erich, Amber, Corbett, me, FNG- Christy, Ryno, Coder and Renee



Last night in the Bdub, this storm really never turned into much, just made for a drizzly day



Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEP!! Great trip:) Love spending time with the gang!! -Renee